The CERB supports Canadians by providing financial support to employed and self-employed Canadians who are directly affected by COVID-19.
It provides a payment of $2,000 for a 4-week period (the same as $500 a week) for up to 16 weeks.
After you apply, you should get your payment in 3 business days if you signed up for direct deposit. If you haven’t, you should get it in about 10 business days.
Who can apply
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- You reside in Canada
- You are 15 years old or more when you apply
- For your first CERB application:
- You have stopped or will stop working due to reasons related to COVID-19
- For at least 14 days in a row for the period you are applying for, you will not receive:
- employment income
- self-employment income
- provincial or federal benefits related to maternity or paternity leave