- Product: Step2 Little Helper’s Shopping Cart.
- Issue: Shopping Cart basket can break posing an injury hazard.
- What to do: Consumers should immediately discontinue use of this product and contact Step2 to receive a replacement product.
Step2 Little Helper’s Shopping Cart
This voluntary recall involves the Step2 Little Helper’s Shopping Cart with the following model numbers and colour combinations:
- 8567KL (pink basket with gray cart)
- 708500 (pink basket with white cart)
- 700000 (blue basket with tan cart)
The affected product have date code combinations of “5” and “19” (see image 4).
Consumers should check the date codes on the basket located on the center rib on the back of the basket below the handle to make sure they show “5” and “19”. No other colour combinations or date code combinations are affected by this recall.
The material the basket ismade from may not meet Step2’s high quality specifications, causing the material to be more brittle than specified, which may affect the ability of the basket to meet applicable mandatory standards for sharp points and small parts.
As of February 25th 2020, the company has received no reports of broken baskets in Canada and no reports of injuries. In the United States, the company has received twenty-two reports of broken baskets and no reports of injuries.
Approximately 3,588 units of the affected product were sold in Canada and approximately 17,000 were sold in the United States.
Time period sold
The affected products were sold from May 2019 to October 2019.
Place of origin
Manufactured in the United States