Walmart’s Fight Hunger Spark Change Campaign February 18th to March 20th
Join Walmart Canada and Food Banks Canada in making a difference in the lives of those experiencing hunger in Canada by supporting Walmart Canada’s fourth annual Fight Hunger Spark Change campaign.
No family should have to feel uncertain about when their next meal will be. Yet, 1 in 8 Canadian households has experienced food insecurity in the past year. This means that 12% of Canadian families are without reliable access to sufficient,
This means that 12% of Canadian families are without reliable access to sufficient, affordable, nutritious food due to lack of money.
To raise awareness and help keep Canadian families fed, Walmart’s campaign, runs February 20 to March 18.
Customers are invited to join Walmart and its supplier partners in the fight against hunger in four ways:
- Purchasing participating products at Walmart from brand sponsors
- Add a donation to your purchase online
- Round up your purchase to the next dollar in-store and donate the difference
- Drop off food donations in-store.
Fight Hunger. Spark Change. campaign aims to provide 15 million meals to families in need.
- Walmart pledges to contribute up to $1 million to Food Banks Canada.
- All food and monetary donations raised locally stay local to support food banks in different communities across the country.
Food Banks Canada provides national leadership to relieve hunger today and prevent hunger tomorrow in collaboration with the food bank network in Canada. The organization supports the network who assist the Canadians who visit food banks over 1.1 million times each month.